Saturday, March 14, 2009

Earth Hour 2009

New shit in town :D
Read this in Jasper's blog
super interesting
Lazy to write a new one
so copy paste haha XP

Presenting yet another one of Jasper Leong's works:

'EARTH HOUR 2009'


I actually found out about this last year,
and this year i saw they advert it on msn again..
I guess this is really a big thing..

I am not a crazy-headed environmentalist,
but yes, i do think when the world get together at some point,
just to turn off the lights at the same time,
is such a cool idea.

Like they said,
it's like an election,
you vote Global Warming,
or you vote Mother Earth?



I am not sure,
but i think Launceston is participating in this event,
because i was on their website,
and a world map showed Launceston on the list,
man, i would really go off my light and laptop for one hour if it's really happening..
=)

This event actually started off in Sydney in 2007,
and by 2008 it went global,
and then this year,
they want to make it bigger..
Not bad huh the Australians to thought of this..

I know just by turning off lights for one hour wouldn't make too much of a difference to the world really, but then, it's a part of the global awareness that we can all be a part of, and that is to create awareness among the people..

When more people are getting together to do something,
the ending result would be so different.



So, turn off your light will you? =)
It's all happening at
8:30PM Saturday 28 March 2009


END


Boom head shot :D
Seriously doubt that there will be any difference in Launnie though
Launnie is already super dark enough normally =.=
Can't imagine during the event lol

It'll be super cool though
What say you ?
Join us ! :D

No comments: